Watch us Sunday Mornings at 9:00 am on Fox Sports Net North. Covering North and South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Eastern Nebraska, Iowa.
Watch us Saturday Mornings at 9:30 am on Fox Sports Net Midwest. Covering Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska and Missouri.
Also look for us on Channel 17 Outdoors Chicago (Saturday 6:30 pm, Sunday 10:30 am, Monday 8:30 am)
2015, First Quarter Airings
January 4th: Reservoir Bluegills
- Host Jason Mitchell tackles a tough bite in western North Dakota with finesse tactics. Early ice patterns and locations are discussed for dissecting structure on small to medium size dams and reservoirs on the high plains.
January 11th: Mille Lacs Smallmouth Bass
- Host Jason Mitchell joins Mille Lacs guide Brad Hawthorne for an early season smallmouth bass bite. Mille Lacs has developed into a world class smallmouth bass fishery. Mitchell and Hawthorne throw tube jigs up onto shallow rock and share a few tips for catching these often overlooked fish.
January 18th: South Dakota Smallmouth Bass
- Jason Mitchell joins longtime friend Dennis Kassube in the Glacial Lakes Region of South Dakota where the anglers Texas Rig several quality smallmouth bass after a cold front. This region is often overlooked by bass anglers but with several lakes boasting a protective size limit, this best kept secret is attracting more attention from serious bass anglers.
January 25th: Icing Red Lake Walleye and Devils Lake Walleyes with Slip Bobbers
- Host Jason Mitchell showcases some of Upper Red Lake’s great ice fishing opportunities for walleye. Top strategies for finding and catching these nomadic fish are shared. Later in the episode, Jason Mitchell joins John Erickstad of Lakeview Lodge on North Dakota’s Devils Lake for top fish catching slip bobber patterns that fill the boat come mid summer.
February 1st: Shallow Weed Walleye Patterns during the Dog Days of Summer
- During the dog days of summer when many walleye anglers look deep, nice fish can often be found in surprisingly shallow water around weeds. Jason Mitchell joins Doug Johnson of Webster, South Dakota where the anglers target shallow walleyes by pitching Salmo Hornets and swim baits in the Glacial Lakes Region of South Dakota.
February 8th: Largemouth Bass on Spinner Baits
- Tony Mariotti joins Jason Mitchell on a small lake in western Minnesota where the anglers share a few solid strategies for breaking down water quickly with spinner baits. Simple bank fishing opportunities that are common and available for many anglers fishing in the upper Midwest.
February 15th: Leech Lake Walleyes on the Flats
- Working shallow sand and grass flats is a staple for walleye anglers on Minnesota’s Leech Lake. These shallow locations can often seem to be wind driven. Veteran guide Al Maas joins Jason Mitchell where the anglers work around changing conditions with snap jigging techniques and describe some of the small details that can be important for catching these fish.
February 22nd: Burning Spinner Harnesses for Devils Lake Walleyes
- Host Jason Mitchell zigs and zags through shallow weed beds on North Dakota’s Devils Lake to pluck several magnum walleyes. Scorch earth tactics for burning bottom bouncers and spinner harnesses through weed edges are explained to catch a lot of mid summer walleye. On this episode, Mitchell features a new signature series spinner harness designed exclusively for Northland Fishing Tackle.
March 1st: Deep Bass on Classic Marabou
- What is old is new. Park Rapids, Minnesota fishing guide Jason Durham shares some deadly deep water jigging tactics for both smallmouth and largemouth bass using marabou jigs that excel for clear water conditions.
March 8th: Power Pitching Walleyes
- Jason Mitchell unleashes the deadly new Salmo 4.5 Rattling Hornet for shallow water weed walleyes on Devils Lake. Prime casting targets and locations are showcased so that you can repeat this pattern this season.
March 15th: Kabetogama Lake Walleye
- This beautiful northern Minnesota Lake is an incredible walleye fishing destination that features the feel of the undeveloped Canadian Shield. Jason Mitchell joins fishing guide Tim Snyder over classic deep structure locations during the fall when vertically jigging reins king.
March 22nd: Largemouth Bass Grind
- Jason Mitchell and veteran guide Al Maas grind deep diving crankbaits over deep weeds to extract several late summer largemouth bass in northern Minnesota. Casting angles, boat position and location strategies are all shared. The lure used on this episode, the Salmo Hornet H6F is a lure that should be in your tackle box if you love to catch bass on cranks.